Monday, October 11, 2010

C5 Restaurant Lounge

Bloor and University/Avenue inside the ROM
Restaurant type:  Fine dinning
Entrée price range:  $24-30
Wine price range: $40-Hundreds

We recommend this restaurant for:  Romantic night out, a night out with like minded food snobs…lol.

Overall:  Stewart  5/5  Nancy  5/5

Stewart’s Review:  Hands down, the best dinning experience I have ever had.  Great food, service, and décor.  I can’t wait to go back.

Nancy’s Review:   I loved everything about this place.  From the food to the décor to the service everything was fantastic.  It was the perfect night out.

Food:  Stewart  5/5  Nancy 5/5
Stewart’s Review:  The night began with a wonderful amuse bouche and it just continued to get better as we moved through our apps, mains, and cheese platter.  Our food was put together and presented in a way that I have never seen before, and I was tasting flavours and textures that I had never experienced before.  I was thinking about the food for weeks afterwards.

Nancy’s Review:  The food was delicious. I especially loved the cheese fondue. The vegetables were cooked perfectly and they used vegetables I never would have thought to use for a fondue.

Service:  Stewart 5/5   Nancy 5/5
Stewart’s review:  The food was wonderful and the service complimented it perfectly.  The service was friendly,  prompt, and informative.  Our server gave us great little blurbs of information about all of the food we ate.  This extra touch really added to our enjoyment of the night.

Nancy's review: The service was fantastic. Our wine glasses were never empty and there was always someone around to make us feel like the most important guests in the restaurant.

Décor/Ambiance:  Stewart 4.5/5   Nancy 4.5/5
Stewart’s review:  The restaurant is broken up into a bar and dinning area.  The bar area is decorated with a black theme and the dinning area has a white theme.  Each side is a bit bleak, but that is the point.  There are large windows which allow great views of the city.   I know the theme is black and white but I would have liked a little more colour to bring it to life a bit.

Nancy's Review: It was a romantic setting but the tables were a little close to each other. Great view of the city.


Value for Money:  Stewart 5/5    Nancy 5/5
Stewart’s review:  We really treated ourselves with food and drinks, and the final bill was very reasonable.  If you go,  I would recommend that you treat yourself to everything you want.  The final bill will be high, but the food and the whole dinning experience are definitely worth the price!!

Nancy's review: It was my birthday dinner so I wasn't looking at the price but i would pay whatever we ended up paying again!

No comments:

Post a Comment