Thursday, September 30, 2010

DisGraceland

965 Bloor Street West
On Bloor just West of Dovercourt

Date Visited:  September 2010

Please note that for all of our reviews 3/5 is considered average.  We start with an overall review and then break it down and focus on food, decor/ambiance, service, and quality for price.

Overall:  Stewart  3.5/5   Nancy  4/5   Price Range:  Entrees $8-15
Stewart's Review:  We went for a late lunch and the place was fairly empty but it had a nice grungy decor.  I enjoyed the food and service, and I appreciated the fact that they had a ton of veggie food options.  I think that the place would have a great atmosphere at night.

Nancy's Review:  I was fighting an evil cold when we visited but still could appreciate the restaurant.  I really liked the ambiance, and even with a limited appetite, the food was delicious.

We recommend you visit this restaurant for:  Vegetarian food, beers and pool, a night with friends, good music, and just an overall good time. 

Food:  Stewart  3.5/5  Nancy  3.5/5
Stewart's Review:  I ordered a tempeh wrap and I really loved it.  The Tempeh had a nice smokey flavour and the rest of the wrap was really tasty.  There were many choices for sides, and I chose the bean corn salsa.  I have to say that it was a bit of a disappointment.  I didn't really want to finish it.

Nancy's Review:  I ordered the chipotle beef sandwich and it arrived with pulled pork instead.  I still liked it and the fries were exceptionally good.  Had to knock a few points off for the order mix up.

Decor/Ambiance:  Stewart 3/5  Nancy 4.5/5
Stewart's Review:  The place had a cool but unoriginal "grungy" decor.  We were there during the day, and it is clearly a place whose decor shines after the sun goes down,  so it is a bit had to make a full evaluation.  I am definitely up for another visit at night.

Nancy's Review:  I loved it as a brunch spot and I am excited to go back for a night time beer.

Service:  Stewart  3/5  Nancy  3/5
Stewart's Review:  Not much to say.  Service was average

Nancy's Review:  Service was ok.  We were more in a lunch mood and were given the brunch menu at first.  We had almost walked out but the server caught us and brought over a lunch menu.

Quality For Price:  Stewart  4/5  Nancy 4/5
Stewart's Review:  The food was really good and it was nice and cheap.  Definitely a good deal!

Nancy's Review:  Ditto.  A repeat visit is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment